Monday, January 16, 2012

Dolphin Cake Topper DIY

image: reubenvision

Not a title you see on this blog everyday. I came up with this idea when planning a memory project for my creative process class. When I was around seven years old I loved dolphins. Not the most manly thing in the world; sure I loved sharks, sting-rays & whales to but dolphins took the cake. (pun intended) That year for my birthday I was delighted to receive an ice-cream cake bearing an icing dolphin just for me. 
Fast forward a few years and I have come up with something a little different inspired by that good memory. A Maple Pecan Bunt cake with boiled icing & three flipper 'd friends leaping into the sky. I also created a balloon backdrop from my crafting sheet & some pins. I can upload a printable version of the dolphin graphics if anyone is interested.

2 comments:

miss allaby: the glad girl said...

Love this idea! And love the colour choice for the balloons - so fresh! (and Maple Pecan Bundt also sounds amazing!)

Anonymous said...

Please send me the image of the dolphins so I can print it out to use for my daughters birthday cake.
Thanks.